Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Intro to Semester Bible Study Night

Well! My first bible study of the semester is in 3 hours and 21 minutes. My plan for the semester is to go over the FOCUS study titled "Feminine Genius," however, I haven't gone to get that material yet and am hesitant to try to implement that study this first day anyway, as there will be a lot of catching up from the summer conversation.

So tonight's plan is to:
1- Happy Crappies (one happy since last study, one crappy)
2- Catch up on how the summer went for them each spiritually
3- Reminders for the semester: Make it to study, ask questions, follow up with the challenge of the week
4- New ideas on how they should approach scripture in study (more in line with Lectio Divina)
5- How we're going to approach the semester: This will be where we'll look into passages.

What I want to do is re-focus everyone. From an email about a month ago, I learned that, as expected, almost every one of the women in my study were not where they wanted to be at that point in the summer in their faith. Now that we're back on campus, it's amazingly easier to be motivated to keep up with prayer goals and get to mass, etc. However, I'm worried that them getting back into those habits won't push them mentally only physically in their obedience.

What I was thinking of explaining is this (something that even I forget): That their lives should be focused on Christ. It's easy enough to say, but even through examining why my prayer has seemed routine and dry lately showed me that I too have had my center of life revolve around me and the little nuances that I deal with each day. The comparison, visually, looks like this:



On side 1- My life with a God time set aside. On side 2- Christ in the center and all I do for glory of him.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. - Colossians 3:23

So whether you ear or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31

Praise God from sunrise to sunset. - Psalm 113:3

I will thank the Lord at all times. My mouth will always praise Him. -Psalm 34:1

"These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, bit their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men," says the Lord. - Isaiah 29:13


6- Challenge of the week to make resolutions for the semester, deliverables that can be completed, and to be obedient to them!



God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment