Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Make that Footrest for my Bunkbed

The fact that our apartment supplied us with full sized mattresses is AMAZING but every year that I've had a bunk bed (all of college) I've found something to help me up. A dresser or a ladder, you know. Welllllll this year was different because our bed is back in a little nook and no such helping furniture existed! There were gaps in the bed boards so this was made:


It's just a little step but exactly the thing to make it not be entirely arm strength to get up and down!


It has a stop in the back that makes it only stick out so far and pushes in for storage and beauty. That back stop spins too so you can turn it and pull it out when we move or want to put it on the other side? I don't know!

Cost: $0.00 (scrap wood and a screw. so maybe 10 cents..)
Construction time: 10 minutes to round the corners and assemble

1 comment:

  1. You should market those to your apartment building management!

    ReplyDelete