Monday, April 8, 2013

Make My Sister a Clock!

I saw a clock like this on Pinterest and wanted to make it for my sister and brother-in-law for Christmas!


Directions:
  • Find a piece of wood or thick cardboard. (I used .25" thick wood) 
  • Get a clock. You can pull the hands of the clock mechanism off so you only have the back piece.
  • Drill a hole in the center of the wood so the clock mechanism can fit through with a small amount of space. You don't want this to be a tight fit so it can turn freely.
  • The clock mechanism needs housing. Get some extra small piece of wood and nail or glue the pieces on the back so the mechanism stays put! You'll also need to add on a mounting bracket.
  • Paint the front of the wood. Let it dry.
  • Paint the numbers falling into the corner of the board and the phrase "whatever, I'm late anyways." on the face. (Yes, I realize the grammar is not entirely correct...) Let that dry.
  • Assemble the clock hands and it's complete!
It was a nice project. Definite Santa's workshop project!

Construction time: 3 hours
Construction cost: $2 for a clock from Goodwill that I took apart. The rest were leftovers from other projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment